Utilities work next week will affect water service for some Hillsborough customers and close a portion of South Nash Street.
Beginning Wednesday, July 5, South Nash Street will be closed between Calvin Street and West Margaret Lane for two days.
On Thursday, July 6, water service will be off between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on:
▪ South Nash Street between Calvin and West King streets
▪ West Margaret Lane between South Nash Street and South Hillsborough Avenue
▪ South Hillsborough Avenue between Calvin and West King streets.
The town will be replacing a 2-inch water valve on South Nash Street and West Margaret Lane. In addition, the contractor for construction occurring at the former Bellevue Manufacturing Company textile mill will be installing a tee pipe fitting for a new water meter and fire protection system in front of the former mill. Excavation will be done on Wednesday, with installation on Thursday.
The contractor will establish a detour during the road closure.
Affected customers will be notified via door hangers. Citizens are asked to be alert for crews working.
For more information, contact:
▪ Utility Systems Supervisor Joel Lashley at 919-732-9459
▪ Utilities Analyst Julie Laws at 919-296-9630