Reginald Chavis, 40, was arrested Monday in the 800 block of Belvin Avenue and charged with assault by strangulation and assault on a female.
He was initially held at the Durham County jail without bond in the assault on a female charge. Bond on the strangulation charge was set at $3,000.
▪ Toneah Halsey, 20, was arrested Monday in the 1000 block of North Hyde Park Avenue and charged with assault with a deadly weapon and injury to personal property. She was being held at the Durham County jail, no bond details were available.
▪ Ronnie Roberts, 53, was arrested Monday in the 3737 block of North Roxboro Street and charged with attempted obtainment of a controlled substance by forger/fraud, felony larceny and common law uttering. He was being held at the Durham County jail, no bond details were available.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald Sun
▪ An HP laptop valued at $329 was shoplifted from Walmart in the 1500 block of Glenn School Road on Sunday.
▪ An angel statue valued at $150 was stolen from a home in the 2600 block of Rochelle Street sometime between April 15 and Sunday.
▪ A Chromebook valued at $169 was shoplifted from Walmart in the 1500 block of Glenn School Road sometime between April 14 and Sunday.
▪ An individual was robbed of $20 at the intersection of the 800 block of Liberty Street and North Alston Avenue on April 15.
▪ A clothing bin filled with clothing items with a combined value of $5,000 was stolen from a rental and commercial storage facility in the 800 block of Junction Road sometime between Feb. 1 and April 15.
▪ An assortment of items with a combined value at $7,850, $18,550 in cash, a Titleist 915D2 driver golf club valued at $300, a Mizuno MX-25 iron golf club valued at $600, a Seemore putter valued at $225 and two additional Titleist clubs with a combined value of $250 were stolen from a home in the 900 block of Southshore Parkway on April 12.