Many Triangle students will get a second day off from classes on Tuesday as schools will remain closed because of the aftereffects of the weekend storm and the continued precipitation Monday.
Both Durham Public Schools and the Orange County school system announced late Monday morning that they’d be closed for students on Tuesday. A short time later, Chapel Hill-Carrboro school officials announced that they’d also be closed Tuesday “due to treacherous roads, sidewalks and parking lots.”
Shortly before 2 p.m., Wake County announced that schools will remain closed.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Chatham County Schools will be closed Tuesday, according to the district, because “hazardous driving conditions remain throughout the county, especially on secondary and shaded roads.”
Johnston County students will return to class Tuesday, but the school system will operate on a 3-hour delay.
The Wake County school system announced when student will make up Tuesday’s snow day. Here are the two days that students will make up for both of this week’s canceled classes.
▪ Traditional-Calendar Schools: Jan. 18 and Feb. 19
▪ Modified-Calendar Schools: Dec. 17-18
▪ Wake Young Men’s and Women’s Leadership Academies: Dec. 20 and Jan. 2
▪ Wake STEM Early College: Jan. 3-4
▪ Vernon Malone Career and College Academy, Wake Early College of Health Sciences, North Wake College and Career Academy: Jan. 2-3
▪ Year-round schools tracks 2, 3 and 4: Dec. 15 and March 16
▪ Barwell Road Elementary and Walnut Creek Elementary: Dec. 21 and Jan. 25.
▪ Carroll Middle, East Garner Middle, East Millbrook Middle: Feb. 15 and Feb. 19
▪ Fox Road Elementary: Feb. 19 and March 8