Local

Man charged in kidnapping and rape of 15-year-old girl in North Raleigh last year

Sean Thomas Klinek
Sean Thomas Klinek CCBI

A 28-year-old man was arrested Wednesday on charges that he kidnapped, beat, and raped a 15-year-old girl in North Raleigh last year.

Sean Thomas Klinek, 28, of Apex was arrested in Wilmington by Raleigh detectives.

Klinek is accused of abducting the teen May 28, 2017, from a street near the Dominion Park neighborhood, north of Interstate 540 in northwest Raleigh. Police say Klinek did not know the girl.

Police said in an arrest warrant that Klinek hit the girl “about her head, face and body, causing her to have a concussion and bruising.”

The News & Observer’s media partner, ABC11, reported that the teen’s drawing of the suspect help lead police to make an arrest. 

“She was able to draw a picture,” Wake County prosecutor Katy Pomeroy said, according to ABC11.. “She’s an excellent artist and was able to draw a picture of her attacker right then. She said ‘I never knew him. I’ve never met him.’”

Klinek faces charges of first-degree forcible rape, first-degree kidnapping and assault inflicting serious bodily injury. He was held on $1 million bail Wednesday pending a court appearance.

A judge sentenced Klinek on May 30 to two years on probation for being an accessory after the fact in an armed robbery in Orange County. In Wake County, Klinek was convicted in 2015 of misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor false imprisonment the year before and was put on probation. He served four months in jail after being convicted of felony drug possession.

Detectives are continuing their investigation into the rape case. They are asking anyone who has been attacked in a similar way to contact them.

Ron Gallagher 919-829-4572 @RPGKT
  Comments