Durham firefighters spent several hours Wednesday battling a residential fire that displaced two residents.
The Durham Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 1311 Timothy Ave. at 4:22 a.m. Wednesday, Deputy Chief Chris Iannuzzi stated in a release. On arrival firefighters reported light smoke visible from the single-story home. A fire that started in the crawl space and extended to the attic caused heavy fire damage to the dining room and attic. There was also smoke damage throughout the home.
There were no injuries. Two adults were not able to reoccupy the home but did not need assistance from the American Red Cross. The cause of the fire was related to electrical wiring in the crawlspace.
Twenty-five firefighters responded to the call and were on the scene for several hours, Iannuzzi stated.