Durham’s Finest Trees awarded recognition to seven trees in the spring as part of the Trees Over Durham Forum. The trees included a white ash, two dawn redwoods, an osage orange, catalpa, Eastern cottonwood and a loblolly pine.
Tree nominations may be submitted through Oct. 1, 2017 at http://durhamnc.gov/1580/Durhams-Finest-Trees. Inquiries may be made by email at email@example.com.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Finest Trees for 2016
▪ Duke Lemur Center. Dawn Redwood, 3705 Erwin Road
▪ Cranford Road Dawn Redwood, 2260 Cranford Road/Duke Lemur Center
▪ Virginia Avenue Loblolly Pine, 2244 W. Club Blvd, and Virginia Avenue
▪ Main Street Ash, 403 E. Main St.
▪ Parkwood East Cottonwood, beside Parkwood baseball field
▪ Parkwood Catalpa, in front of Parkwood Manor and east side of Revere Road
▪ Stagville Plantation Osage Orange, 5828 Old Oxford Highway