We asked to you visit The Herald-Sun’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/theheraldsun) and caption this photo of three red wolf pups from the Museum of Life and Science. Here are some of the best we received:
▪ Leslie Land: “The coyotes told us Durham is cool. We just wanted to see for ourselves!”
▪ Annie Scorza Ambrose: “You go left. We'll go right. Meet in Hideaway Woods in 15 minutes. Ready, set, go!”
▪ Daniel Tulanian: Pup 1: “I heard the humans are going to fake our escape to drum up business for the museum.” Pup 2: “I bet that will make front page news for at least four days in a row.” Pup 3: “That's crazy! Humans aren't that ridiculous.”
▪ McKennon Shea: “We wanted ‘Cook Out.’ We regret nothing.”
▪ Diana Hackenburg: “Bud!” “Weis!” “Er!”
▪ Soraya Campbell: “Winter is coming”
▪ Aaron Butner: “"We tried to keep it 'dirty Durham' but the humans would not allow it. Wolfpack for life! HOWL!"
Thanks to all who participated and congratulations to William Monk who was randomly selected to receive The New York Times bestseller, “Unlikely Friendships: 37 Stories of Canine Compassion and Courage,” by Jennifer S. Holland.
His caption was: “What are we gonna do today, Red Brothers? (Lead Brother in the middle): The same thing we did when we blew this joint, try to take over the world.”