Police have charged an 18-year-old with robbing five Durham businesses over a four-day period last month.
Investigators say Kalil Sabastian Allen, 18, of Durham committed the crimes Oct. 28-31.
In each incident, witnesses told police that Allen put his hand in his pocket or put a bag over his hand to imply he had a weapon, according to Durham police.
Investigators say Allen took cash in each of the robberies. No injuries were reported.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Herald Sun
Allen was arrested Nov. 1 in Alamance County on charges of attempted robbery there. He is currently in custody at the Alamance County jail, Durham police said.
Allen is accused of the following robberies:
▪ Family Fare at 1815 Hillandale Road at about 1:45 a.m. Oct. 28
▪ Circle K at 3301 Guess Road at 1:19 a.m. Oct. 29
▪ Shoe Show at 1517 Glenn School Road at 1:10 p.m. Oct. 29
▪ Family Dollar at 5178 Wake Forest Road at 9:54 p.m. Oct. 30
▪ Rite-Aid at 200 North LaSalle St. at 3:25 a.m. Oct. 31