Last week, we asked readers of our website at heraldsun.com which North Carolina team in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament had the best chance of reaching the Final Four. Here’s how our prognosticators fared:
- Less than 1 percent gave Davidson a chance, but they certainly came close to an upset against Marquette in that first game, didn’t they?
- 61.7 percent figured the Duke Blue Devils could power through. Duke held on against Albany and dominated Creighton to reach the Sweet 16. We’ll see if they go the distance!
- 9 percent thought N.C. A&T might surprise tourney favorite Louisville. No such luck. Gone in round one.
- 23.7 percent put their faith in the UNC Tar Heels, but Villanova made them work for that first win and the Jayhawks of Kansas knocked them out of contention again.
- 4.8 percent gave N.C. State more credit than the Wolfpack ended up deserving, as they lost their first game against Temple.
Keep an eye on our website at heraldsun.com for future Bull Horn polls. Got ideas for a poll question? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.