Ropes, harness stolen from vehicle
DURHAM – Ropes, a harness and camping stove were reported stolen Saturday from a vehicle in the 1800 block of Front Street. Also taken were a tent, pot, chalk bag, pocket knife and musical and camera equipment. The property was valued at $3,440.
Early-morning raid ends with arrest
CHAPEL HILL – The Chapel Hill police SERT team forced open a door of an apartment near the Timberlyne shopper center at 4 a.m. Thursday to serve a search warrant on a man suspected of dealing drugs.
Police charged Kevone Aparcia Best, 27, of Apt. E-59, 200 Westminster Drive, Chapel Hill, with possession with intent to sell and deliver Schedule II drugs. Schedule II drugs are generally prescription drugs with a high potential for abuse, such as Oxycontin.
Other charges are pending, according to Sgt. Bryan Walker of the Chapel Hill Police Department.
In other reports:
- Prescription drugs were stolen Sept. 1 from a house in the 1200 block of Liberty Street. Also taken were $420, a lock box, Sony PlayStation 3 game console, two video games and Xbox 360, with a total value of $2,170.
- Two skill saws, two drills and a tire inflator worth $280 were stolen Sept. 4 from a vehicle in the 1200 block of Leon Street.
- A Toro lawn mower valued at $450 was stolen Saturday from a house in the 1600 block of Shawnee Street.
- Police are investigating the theft of a briefcase, Dell laptop computer and bag and paperwork from a vehicle in the 100 block of Vanderbilt Court. The theft was reported Saturday.
- Four debit cards and a money order were stolen Sept. 6 from a vehicle in the 500 block of West Murray Avenue. Also stolen were a purse, wallet, $160 and driver’s license.