Police log, Feb. 7
Electronics stolen from company vehicle
CHAPEL HILL – Sometime late Monday or early Tuesday, a burglar broke into a GMC Sierra belonging to Compass Technology Services and stole $16,350 worth of electronics.
The break-in, reported to the Chapel Hill Police Department, happened in a parking lot in the 5600 block of Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard.
Stolen items included a Dell laptop computer, a Nikon GPS camera, an Anritsu line sweeper, a Suunto compass, a speaker and a wi-fi air card.
Man, two teens charged with Durham burglary
DURHAM – A 20-year-old Durham man and two teens were arrested Wednesday after police responded to a burglary in progress in the 2500 block of Lindberg Street.
Officers found the rear door of the house kicked in and were told that three males had run from the scene. They say they searched the area and found Gaberial Dequon Harris and two 14-year-old boys who are suspected of working as his accomplices.
Police recovered a pair of Nike Air shoes, an Xbox and a Samsung tablet.
Harris was charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, possession of stolen goods, conspiring to break and enter and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $60,000 bond.
Duke police seek suspect
DURHAM – An Indiana man is accused of inappropriately touching a female student Thursday afternoon while she was walking on Duke University’s West Campus.
The Duke University Police Department took out a warrant for Michael J. Andrews, 31, of New Palestine, Ind., for one count of misdemeanor sexual battery. He’s accused of assaulting the student as she walked on an outdoor stairway between Keohane and Few Quads.
Police seek help finding Andrews. He is believed to be driving a blue Chevy minivan with an Indiana license plate, 205-LGV. Anyone with information should contact the university police at 919-684-2444.
In other news:
- Marquette Adams, 51, of Delano Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with trafficking opium or heroin, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, larceny and financial card theft. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $2 million bond.
- Steven Allicott, 37, of Gateridge Road in Raleigh was arrested Wednesday and charged with being a sex offender and using a social website. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $1,500 bond.
- Joseph Devonte Burns, 21, of Fargo Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a stolen firearm, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $150,000 bond.
- Lesean Dunn, 29, of Morehead City was arrested Wednesday on a warrant for statutory rape. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $1 million bond.
- Salvador Duron, 26, of Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with identity theft, possession and manufacture of fraudulent identification and resisting an officer. He was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $2,000 bond.
- Maricos Clayton, 22, of Piper Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault with a deadly weapon and injury to personal property. He was charged in connection with a Dec. 4 incident on Wiggins Street in which a man dressed in black fired several shots at a vehicle as a man, woman and children were trying to exit. No one was injured, but bullets struck their vehicle and two more nearby that were unoccupied. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
- Eric Holland, 18, of Franklin Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance and conspiracy to sell or deliver both Schedule II and Schedule VI controlled substances. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $25,000 bond.
- Derrell A. Neal, 22, of Fayetteville was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony secret peeping and second-degree trespassing. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $25,000 bond.
Wes Platt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.