Police log, Jan. 31
Man shot by would-be thieves
DURHAM – A 42-year-old man was shot in the leg on Jan. 21 after two men tried to rob him in the 1900 block of House Avenue.
“The victim said he was visiting a friend when two males approached him, told him to give it up and fired shots at him when he ran,” said Kammie Michael, Durham Police Department spokeswoman.
Nothing was stolen. He was taken to the hospital for treatment. No charges had been filed as of Thursday.
In other news:
- Someone broke into a house in the 1200 block of Drew Street Jan. 23 and stole eight door knobs, $300 worth of copper, two nail guns, an electric saw and a compressor.
- Daniel Terry, 21, of Greens Hollow Lane in Durham was arrested Tuesday and charged with larceny of a motor vehicle, felony conspiracy, possession of stolen property and breaking and entering of a motor vehicle. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $10,000 bond.
- Frederick Jamaal Alston, 22, of Fidelity Drive in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with probation violation, resisting an officer, fleeing and eluding arrest with a motor vehicle and possession of a controlled substance in jail. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $35,000 bond.
- Latasha Jeannathaniel Boyd, 30, of Gearwood Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony identity theft. She was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $5,000 bond.
- Torrey Alendus Green, 39, of Stokes Street in Durham was arrested on Thursday and charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver cocaine, possession of marijuana, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling place for controlled substances, possessing drug paraphernalia, resisting an officer and manufacturing, selling, delivering or possessing a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school. He was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $30,000 bond.
- Tiffany Moody, 27, of Creedmoor was arrested on Wednesday and charged with manufacturing, selling, delivering or possessing a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and selling or delivering a Schedule II controlled substance. She was held in the Durham County Jail under $25,000 bond.
- Ulessy Richardson, 59, of Golden Dale in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault by pointing a gun, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $35,000 bond.
Wes Platt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.