Pet shop bitten by flea medicine thief
DURHAM – Flea and tick medication worth $6,534 was shoplifted Sunday from a PetSmart on Witherspoon Boulevard.
In other crime:
- Happy China Sichuan Cuisine restaurant at 2505 Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard was burglarized July 23. Thieves stole $500. Damage to a cash register was estimated at $2,000. A glass door was also damaged.
- A Walmart store in the 1000 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway was robbed July 19, and $300 was stolen.
- Red Cross officials reported the theft of an HP laptop computer worth $600 from its office on University Drive.
- A 22-year-old woman told police she was robbed July 22 of her Apple iPhone 5 worth $500 in the 700 block of Louise Circle near LaSalle Street and Erwin Road.
- Police are investigating a reported rape July 28 at a residence in the 1900 block of House Avenue.
- Jewelry and a jewelry box worth $4,040 were stolen July 23 from a house in the 100 block of Copper Hill Court.
- Burglars hit a house July 31 in the 2100 block of Summit Street and stole an air conditioner, shower fixture, ductwork and copper pipe worth $1,450.
- An emerald ring was among precious jewels stolen Aug. 2 from a house in the 600 block of Starmont Drive. Also taken were a yellow-gold bracelet and necklace, sapphire ring, diamond bracelet, ruby necklace and a NOOK Tablet (a portable e-book reader). The property was valued at $4,015.
Contact Keith Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6612.