Deputies look for attempted-murder suspect
DURHAM - Sheriff’s investigators are looking for a man wanted for multiple charges including attempted first-degree murder after he allegedly fired a gun at another man during a domestic dispute Saturday in the parking lot of a local business.
Deputies responded to the parking lot of AW North Carolina at 4112 Old Oxford Hwy. in Durham at 8:08 p.m. after receiving reports of shots fired.
When deputies arrived, they learned that Tyrell Rashad Bullock, 23, of Crowder Lane in Henderson, had followed his ex-girlfriend to her work, blocked her vehicle with his and then fired multiple gunshots at another man who was riding with her. The man was not hit by gunfire and Bullock allegedly fled the scene before deputies arrived.
As the investigation continued, deputies said they learned that Bullock’s and his ex-girlfriend’s 3-year-old son was present during the shooting and saw Bullock firing. Bullock left the scene with the child in the car. An Amber Alert was not issued because Bullock and his ex-girlfriend share custody of their son and Bullock had arrived at the shooting scene with the child in the car.
Bullock is a black male, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with short black hair, a goatee, and has tattoos on both of his forearms. He may be driving a green 2012 Honda Accord with North Carolina license plate ALT-8834.
Anyone with information about Bullock’s whereabouts is asked to call Detective Jeff Smith at 919-560-0885 or Durham CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to the arrest of persons charged with felony crimes and callers never have to identify themselves.
Bullock is charged with:
- Attempted first-degree murder.
- Kidnapping (two counts)
- Assault by pointing a gun (2 counts)
- Misdemeanor child abuse
- Assault with a deadly weapon with a minor present (2 counts)
- Domestic violence protective order violation (2 counts)
In other crime:
- Andrew Lamont Coley, 20, was arrested Thursday and charged with nine counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, nine counts of second-degree kidnapping and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon. He was in the Durham County Jail Tuesday under bonds totaling $3,350,000.
- John Lyons, 32, was arrested Thursday and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon and second-degree kidnapping. He was in the Durham County Jail Tuesday under $1 million bond.
- Ashlee Andreal Hicks, 24, of Hardwick Drive, was arrested Feb. 13 and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, destroying evidence and robbery with a dangerous weapon. Hicks was released the same day from the Durham County Jail on a $35,000 bond.
Contact Keith Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6612.