DURHAM – a Durham man was arrested and faces drug charges and two counts of assault on a female.
Tromain Edward Wilson, 24, of Weldon Terrace in Durham, was arrested and charged with possession with intent to sell and distribute marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
For the drug charges, Wilson had a $1,500 secured bond.
From two incidents in August, Wilson faces two counts of assault on a female. The first incident occurred on Aug. 26 when the victim was allegedly punched on the right side of her face by Wilson.
The second incident was on Aug. 29 when Wilson allegedly grabbed the same woman by the arms and threw her to the ground before kicking her on the right side of her face.
There is no bond for the latter charges.
In other crime:
• Ricky Jermaine Alston, 33, of Sedgefield Street in Durham, was arrested and charged with assault on a female and assault inflicting serious injury after allegedly hitting the woman in the head and pulling her hair and hitting her in the face and head resulting in a black eye and burst ear drum on July 17 and 19. Alston was being held without a bond.
• Crystal Shareece Harding, 32, of Laurel Oaks Drive in Durham, was arrested and charged with two counts of obtaining property under false pretense and misdemeanor larceny from offenses that allegedly took place between Aug. 27 and Oct. 5. On Aug. 27, Harding allegedly took $86.15 in unpurchased merchandise off the floor of the Gap Old Navy store on New Hope Common Drive and presented them as items to be returned for store credit. On Oct. 5 Harding allegedly did the same thing but for clothing valued at $105.76. From the same store, Harding allegedly stole clothing valued at $96.31. Harding was being held with a $2,000 secured bond and is not allowed to go back to that store.
• Mahogany D. Lee, 22, of East Main Street in Durham, was arrested and charged with possession with intent to sell and distribute a schedule IV controlled substance after allegedly having 122 grams of marijuana in her possession along with digital scales and plastic, top fold bags. Lee was being held on a $1,000 secured bond until she was released.
• Joseph Penny, 31, of Green Street in Durham, was arrested and charged with violation of a domestic violence protective order after allegedly showing up at the plaintiff’s house intoxicated and entering her vehicle without her permission around Aug. 12. Penny was being held without bond.
• James Christopher Kenan, 46, of Price Avenue in Durham, was arrested and charged with assault on a female after being accused of hitting a woman in the face with an open hand. He was being held without bond.