Raleigh man faces kidnapping charge
DURHAM – Police on Saturday arrested Marcus Franklin McKenith, 31, of Thornton Knoll Way in Raleigh. He was charged with second-degree kidnapping, common law robbery, communicating threats and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He was held in the Durham County Jail under a $50,000 bond.
In other crime:
- On Saturday, someone broke into a home in the 1200 block of Gilbert Street in Durham, damaging a window and door frame before stealing hand tools, dry wall tools, a nail gun, table saw, tool box, wheelbarrow and $250 worth of copper wire.
- On Friday, a burglar entered a home in the 1700 block of Waddell Court in Durham and took $10,000 in miscellaneous jewelry along with an iPad and a PlayStation 3 video game system.
- On Saturday, someone robbed a home in the 100 block of Heatherford Court in Durham, taking an iPhone, iPad and a television.
- On Monday, someone broke into several cars in an automotive repair center in the 3500 block of Westgate Drive, taking a Nissan resonator worth $1,000, a Volvo catalytic converter worth $1,500, and catalytic converters from a Mitsubishi and a Honda, both worth $1,000. They also broke into an Infiniti QX4 and took a $1,200 golf club set and a road bicycle worth $800.
- On Friday, someone broke into a home in the 100 block of Cofield Circle and stole a safe containing $10,000 in heirloom jewelry, $30,000 worth of sterling silverware, a passport, Social Security card, credit and debit cards and financial documents.
- On Friday, Pizzeria Toro on Chapel Hill Street in downtown Durham reported the theft of $1,000 in various liquor bottles.
- On Oct. 7, a burglar broke into a house in the 4400 block of Hope Valley Road and stole 20 DVDs, a single-barrel Browning shotgun, 10 frozen dinners, a pair of pillow cases, $10 in loose change and a $50 pool cue.
- On Oct. 9, Durham police arrested Sheryl Hawkins, 49, of Weymouth Street and charged her with five counts of trafficking in a Schedule I controlled substance, possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, selling and delivering a Schedule II controlled substance, maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances and simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance. She was held under a $500,000 bond.
- On Oct. 10, managers at Satisfaction Restaurant on Main Street in Brightleaf Square reported the embezzlement of $745 in cash.
- On Saturday, police received a report that someone stole a $4,000 water meter belonging to the City of Durham from the 200 block of Lakewood Avenue.
- Jody Ray Allen, 41, of Shaw Road in Durham, was arrested Tuesday and charged with hit-and-run failure to stop with property damage, reckless driving to endanger, driving with a revoked license, operating a vehicle with no insurance, fictitious or altered title/registration card/tag and driving without a registration. He was held under a $2,000 bond.
- Nathaniel Malone China, 30, of Glasson Street in Durham, was arrested Tuesday and charged with breaking and entering, assault with serious bodily injury, conspiring to break and enter into a building with intent to commit a felony and felony conspiracy. He was held under a $40,000 bond.
- Cornisha Denise Clayton, 21, of Keystone Place in Durham, was arrested Tuesday and charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and conspiring to break and enter into a building with intent to commit a felony. She was held under a $6,000 bond.
- Miles Holeman, 34, of Culbreth Park Drive in Chapel Hill, was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for controlled substances, selling or delivering a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was held under a $45,000 bond.
- Jasmine Monee Lloyd, 25, of Fiske Street in Durham, was arrested Wednesday and charged with communicating threats and assault inflicting serious injury. She was released after posting $2,000 bond.
- Johnny Eugene Smith, 28, of Pine Glenn Trail in Durham, was arrested Tuesday and charged with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, identity theft, marijuana possession, assault inflicting serious injury, assault on a female and parole violation. He was held without bond.
Contact Wes Platt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.