Another wheelchair is stolen
DURHAM – Police are investigating the theft of at least two wheelchairs in separate incidents.
The most recent theft happened Friday from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Chapel Hill Road. Also taken were an Acer laptop computer and handbag. The property was valued at $620.
The previous day, an electric wheelchair worth $2,000 was reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Morreene Road.
No arrests have been reported.
In other crime:
- More than $3,000 worth of tools and equipment was stolen Friday from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Snowcrest Trail. A pump sprayer, siding gun, miter saw, circular saw, air compressor, drill set, extension cords and other tools were taken.
- A duffel bag, book bag, makeup and clothes worth $500 were stolen Saturday from a vehicle in the 2100 block of N.C. 54.
- A Dell laptop computer and backpack valued at $520 were stolen Saturday from a vehicle in the 900 block of West Main Street.
- Ronnie Battle, 52, of Sprucewood Drive, was arrested Aug. 9 and charged with possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia. Battle was in the Durham County Jail Wednesday under a $6,000 bond.
- Zakwon Pierre Ledwell, 17, of Massey Avenue, was arrested Monday and charged with breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering. He was released the same day from the Durham County Jail on a $3,000 bond.
Contact Keith Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6612.