Man accused of rape, kidnapping
DURHAM – A Durham man is being held under a $500,000 bond after allegedly raping and kidnapping a woman.
Joe Taylor, 22, of Newsom Street was arrested and charged with first-degree rape, kidnapping, communicating threats and assault on a female after being accused of raping a woman, kidnapping her and hitting her in the back of the head and mouth.
Death was apparently suicide
DURHAM – The Durham Police Department said a suspicious death officers had begun investigating Saturday was apparently a suicide. Officers responded to a "suicide threat" call on Saturday at 5003 S. Miami Blvd. When they arrived, they found a deceased male at the scene.
In other crime:
• Clayton William Sadler, 34, of E. Main St. was arrested and released after being charged with two counts of assault on a female, two counts of misdemeanor stalking and one count of felony stalking. Sadler is accused of grabbing the victim by the wrists and pushing her against the wall and railing, banging on her front door and attempting to enter her apartment after being told to leave, leaving a note on her front door stating, “Let’s run away together” and putting notes under her door stating the same thing. He was being held under a combined bond of $55,000.
• Reshaad Kana Harper, 33, of Owltown Road was arrested and charged with assault on a female, battery of an unborn child and misdemeanor child abuse after allegedly grabbing a woman by her neck and swinging her around before forcing her to the ground and putting his knee in her back while she was three months pregnant. Harper is also accused of pulling a girl’s hair and pushing her to the floor.
• Albert L. Alston III, 43, of Southerland St. was arrested and released after being charged with assault on a female. Alston is accused of dragging the victim by her hair and hitting her in the head with his fist.
• Kyle Thomas Moses, 37, of Bolton St. was arrested and charged with domestic violence protective order violation after going to the victim’s home and sleeping on her back porch.
• Mauro Lopez-Alegria, 45, of Jersey Ave. was arrested and charged with felony possession of cocaine.
• Christopher Xavier Love, 26, of Fayetteville, was arrested and charged with domestic violence protective order violation after allegedly going to the woman’s place of employment and calling her on the job. Love was also charged with possession of marijuana up to half an ounce.
• Kevin Bernard Simmons, 27, of Dowd St. was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon and injury to personal property after pulling out a sword in a cane and pointing it at the victim when the victim confronted Simmons about breaking a DVD player. The DVD player was valued at less than $200. Simmons is being held under a $1,000 secured bond.
• Alejandro Balderas, 36, of Mt. Hermon Church Road was arrested and charged with misdemeanor larceny after stealing items from Wal-Mart valued at $108.22. Among the items were soap, fruits and vegetables, cereal, motor oil for a car and cleaning products.
• Kelly Joanne Hayes, 28, of Calibre Park Drive was arrested and charged with simple assault and harassing phone calls after allegedly biting, punching and scratching at the victim as well as grabbing at his clothes.
• Ryan Gooch, 23, of Walton St. was arrested and charged with assault on a female after a July 1 incident where Gooch allegedly punched the victim in the face.
• Harley Glenn Fraley Jr., 24, of Beckley, W. Va., was arrested and charged with identity theft. Fraley is being held under a $5,000 secured bond.
• Sharon Nachole Clinebell, 24, of Coal City, West Va., was arrested and charged with identity theft. Clinebell is being held under a $5,000 secured bond.