Precious metals, jewels stolen
DURHAM - Burglars stole more than $30,000 in property Aug. 4 from a house in the 4100 Hulon Drive, although some of it was recovered.
Police were told that the Aug. 4 burglary netted thieves jewelry, precious metals, $5,000, a computer, cellphone, safe, passport and Social Security card. About $5,200 worth of the property was found.
In other crime:
- Thieves hit a construction site Aug. 4 in the 300 block of Swift Avenue and took a generator, three carpenter harnesses, lanyards, a chop saw, electric chipping hammer, electric pump and other tools worth $9,834.
- Twenty aluminum rims were stolen Tuesday from Horizon Coach Lines, a charter bus company at 2020 S. Briggs Ave. A fence sustained $100 worth of damage.
- A 35-year-old man said he was robbed Aug. 7 in an alley behind 4200 Garrett Road. He said credit cards, $40 and a wallet were taken.
- Rings worth $2,000 were stolen Aug. 4 during a home burglary in the 300 block of Red Elm Drive.
- A 45-year-old man said he was robbed Aug. 5 in the 400 block of South LaSalle Street at Kangaroo Drive. He said $25 was taken.
- Burglars hit a house Aug. 9 in the 2900 block of Chapel Hill Road and took $4,230.
- Ira Lee Collier, 44, of Holloway Street was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault on a female, injury to personal property, larceny and communicating threats. He was in the Durham County Jail Friday under a $2,500 bond.
Man charged twice in one week for drugs
CARRBORO – Police received a call about a possible break-in about 4 a.m. Monday on Short Street. When they arrived, they located and detained a teenager at the scene.
Police charged Micah Christopher Raymond Barfield, 19, with two counts of possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance; possession with the intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance; maintaining a vehicle for the sale of controlled substances; possession of drug paraphernalia; and going armed to the terror of the public.
Schedule II drugs generally refers to prescription drugs with high potential for abuse. Schedule VI drugs usually refers to marijuana.
On Thursday at 501 E. Poplar St. in Carrboro, Barfield was charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, a police report said.
Barfield is scheduled to appear in Orange County Court Sept. 13.
Contact Keith Upchurch at email@example.com or 919-419-6612.