Shooting death under investigation
The Durham Police are investigating a shooting death that happened Saturday night on Liberty Street.
A 21-year-old man was shot about 10:03 p.m. at 561 Liberty St. in Apt. #9. The victim was transported to Duke Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The homicide unit is investigating the incident. The identity of the victim has not been released and no suspects named.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200. A cash reward is paid for information leading to arrests in felony cases.
Man charged with selling cocaine
DURHAM -- A Durham man has been arrested after allegedly selling cocaine to undercover Durham police officers.
Anthony Wayne Cameron, 61, of Alma Street in Durham, was arrested and charged with three counts of possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a schedule II controlled substance, two counts of maintaining a vehicle/dwelling/place for a controlled substance, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of selling cocaine and two counts of delivering cocaine.
According to the arrest warrant, Cameron sold and delivered .2 grams of crack cocaine to two Durham Police officers, had plastic bags in his possession and used his Alma Street residence for the cocaine.
Cameron was being held with a $50,000 secured bond.
In other crime:
• Jason Michael Flake Sr., 40, of Snow Hill Road in Durham, was arrested and charged with breaking and/or entering, felony larceny, possession of stolen goods/property and injury to personal property after being accused of breaking into a former hog housing facility on Brassfield Road in Creedmoor and taking metal hog crates valued at $500. He is also accused of damaging hog crates in excess of $200. Flake was being held with a $10,000 secured bond.
• Donte Jerrod Guess, 25, of White Pine Drive in Durham, was arrested and charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver marijuana, maintaining a vehicle/dwelling/place for a controlled substance, felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance, common law obstruction of justice and possession of drug paraphernalia. Guess allegedly had 10 grams of marijuana in his possession, used his White Pine Drive residence for marijuana, tried to destroy the marijuana by flushing it down the toilet and the kitchen sink and had plastic bags and a digital scale in his possession. Guess was being held with a $7,500 secured bond.
• Reginald Anthony Whitlock, 22, of Northwood Hill Avenue in Durham, was arrested and charged with three counts of unauthorized presentment of card and three counts of financial card forgery after allegedly taking a Capital One Mastercard and buying items at Walgreens, Shoe Carnival, Kroger, Roses and Rue 21 totaling more than $100 beginning on March 17. Whitlock was being held with a $5,000 secured bond.
• Marty G. Daniel, 32, of Waterford Valley Drive in Durham, was arrested and charged with assault on a female, false imprisonment, interfering with emergency communication, resisting a public officer and communicating threats. Daniel is accused of punching the woman in the face multiple times, detaining her against her will, and taking her cell phone and throwing it against the wall when she tried to call for help. Daniel is also accused of not immediately opening the door when ordered by police and for pulling away while he was being detained. He is also accused of saying “If you leave me, I will kill you” to the woman. He was being held without a bond.
• Myisha Jean Evans, 28, of Trinity Court in Chapel Hill, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor larceny, injury to real property and misdemeanor probation violation. She was being held with a $15,000 secured bond.
• Lawrence Christopher Fraser, 26, of Oran Avenue in Durham, was arrested and charged with assault on a female for punching a woman in the face. He was being held without a bond.