Police log, March 19
Suspect’s brother sought in shooting death
DURHAM -- Durham police on Tuesday sought Arsenio Jarmal Lamberth, 23, on charges of murder and other felony offenses in connection with the Feb. 26 murder of Kourtney Krista Dawson on Holloway Street near Guthrie Avenue.
His brother, Dominique Lamberth, 21, of Creedmoor, was arrested over the weekend in Louisburg.
Both Lamberths are accused of robbing a man of $20 at gunpoint and then firing shots at his vehicle as he drove away. One of the shots struck and killed Dawson, police said.
The brothers are charged with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Dominique Lamberth was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
Anyone with information about Arsenio Lamberth's whereabouts is asked to call Investigator J. Barr at 919-560-4440, ext. 29325, or CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
In other news:
- Lavonte Trevon Biggs, 19, of Williamsburg Road in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with failing to report a new address as a sex offender. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $20,000 bond.
- Edward Leroy Brodie Jr., 42, of Angier Avenue in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with larceny, breaking and entering, injury to real property and obtaining property under false pretenses. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $50,000 bond.
- Archie Lee Daniels, 42, of Roanoke Rapids was arrested Monday and charged with assault on a female, kidnapping, robbery, communicating threats and interference with emergency communication. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
- Mandel Kirkland, 41, of Irvington, N.J., was arrested Monday and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, robbery with a dangerous weapon, discharging a firearm in the city, assault with a deadly weapon with serious injury, assault on a female, resisting an officer, false imprisonment, communicating threats and injury to personal property. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $325,000 bond.
- Brett V. Lee, 42, of Liberty Street in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with felony stalking, harassing phone call, communicating threats and violation of a domestic violence protective order. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
Wes Platt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.