Scruffy bandit strikes again
DURHAM -- Durham police are investigating a robbery of the BB&T at 1107 N.C. Hwy. 54 on Thursday.
About 10 a.m., police say, a man walked into the bank and gave a teller a note demanding money. He fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. No weapon was seen.
He was described as a black man in his mid to late 50s, with scruffy salt-and-pepper facial hair. He wore a blue jacket, green ball cap and blue, white and yellow plaid pajama pants. The description is similar to that of the man who tried to rob a Yadkin Bank on Wednesday and last week successfully robbed the Carter Bank & Trust.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator K. Owens at 919-560-4583, ext. 29365, Cpl. J. Butler at 919-560-4583, ext. 29357 or CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
In other news:
• Tiffany Keech, 30, of Wabash Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault and assault on an unborn child. She was held in the Durham County Jail under $2,500 bond.
• Michael Tyree Brown, 23, of Massey Avenue in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a deadly weapon with serious injury, financial card fraud, possession of a stolen motor vehicle, larceny of a motor vehicle, conspiracy to obtain property under false pretenses, obtaining property under false pretenses, breaking and entering a motor vehicle, injury to personal property, resisting an officer and felony conspiracy. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $382,500 bond.
• Keith Dominic Harding, 19, of Walden Pond Drive in Raleigh was arrested Wednesday and charged with second-degree kidnapping, felony conspiracy and assault by pointing a gun. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
• Alvin Lorenzo Parker, 23, of Geer Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, second-degree kidnapping, assault by pointing a gun, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, breaking and entering and out-of-county probation violation. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $250,000 bond.
• Taquian Anthony Rush, 22, of Potter Street in Durham was arrested Thursday and charged with weapons on campus/educational property. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $1,000 bond.
• Denny Alberto Torres-Gomez, 36, of Pecan Place in Durham was arrested for failing to report new address as a sex offender and held on an immigration detainer. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $30,000 bond.
Wes Platt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.