Police investigate armed home invasion
Police are investigating an armed home invasion that happened Saturday night on University Drive.
According to a press release form the Durham Police Department, three unidentified people entered a residence on University Drive around 11 p.m. demanding money from the two people in the home.
Two intruderswere brandishing guns. The three are accused of taking an undisclosed amount of money and two cell phones before fleeing in an unknown direction.
No one was injured during the incident.
Anyone with more information regarding this incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200.
In other crime:
- Derek Onyango Omburo, 53, of Broad Street in Durham was arrested and charged with four counts of indecent liberties with a child and statutory rape after being accused of having sex with a 13 year old girl. He was being held with a $700,000 secured bond.
- Demetrius Victor Bullard, 38, of Gladstone Drive in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a female after allegedly hitting a woman in the head and slapping her. He was being held with a $1,500 secured bond.
- Alexi Antonio Moreno, 21, of East Club Boulevard in Durham was arrested and charged with interfering with emergency communication, two counts of assault on a female, assault with a deadly weapon and false imprisonment. According to the arrest warrant, Moreno took the woman’s cell phone and pulled her hair to keep her from getting out of the car. He is accused of kicking the woman in the stomach and spitting in her face. He is also accused of hitting her with a gold truck. Moreno was being held without a bond.
- Sylvia Nicole Crabtree, 28, of Hillsborough was arrested and charged with possession of heroin and simple possession of a schedule IV controlled substances. She was being held with a $1,000 secured bond.
- Darren Lamar Harding, 22, of Roxboro Street in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a female and misdemeanor larceny after being accused of punching a woman in the head, arms, shoulders and back then taking her tablet and iPhone. The items were valued at approximately $700. He was being held with a $1,500 secured bond.