Charlotte man arrested, charged for transporting meth
DURHAM – Benjamin Julio-Ayuso Calderon, 38, of Charlotte was arrested Saturday and charged with two counts of felony trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession with intent to sell, manufacture or distribute a controlled substance.
According to the arrest report, Calderon was allegedly transporting 3.164 kilos, or almost 7 pounds, of meth using a backpack and plastic bags. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $5 million bond.
In other news:
- Scherrie Ann Williams, 34, of Greens Hollow Lane in Durham was arrested Saturday and charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle. She was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $1,000 bond.
- Brian DeShawn Luster, 32, of East Cornwallis Road in Durham was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree kidnapping, interfering with emergency communications, battery of an unborn child, assault with a deadly weapon, assault on a female, communicating threats, injury to personal property, resisting an officer and habitual misdemeanor assault. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
- Bryant Keith Pettiford, 48, of Pebblestone Drive in Durham was arrested Saturday and charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and felony possession of stolen property. He allegedly broke into a house on Ashe Street and stole a 60-inch flat-screen TV worth $2,500. Pettiford was held in the Durham County Jail under $7,500 bond.
- Steven Leon Kirkling, 30, of Liberty Street in Durham, was arrested Friday and charged with felony fleeing or eluding arrest with a motor vehicle. According to the arrest report, a Durham police officer attempted to stop Kirkling to investigate a stolen license plate when Kirkling fled in his car, causing an accident and more than $1,000 worth of property damage. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $10,000 bond.
- Clarence William Perry, 28, of Anacosta Street in Durham was arrested Friday and charged with second-degree kidnapping, false imprisonment, breaking and entering a building to terrorize, assault on a female and injury to real property. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
- Darryl Wright Jr., 26, of Smithfield was arrested Friday and charged with felony possession of 48 counterfeit instruments. Wright allegedly was in possession of prepaid Visa cards and a transaction-card decoding device. He was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $2,000 bond.