Woman accused of forgery
Melissa Joy Metzger, 31, of Remington Circle was arrested Monday and charged with identity theft, financial card forgery and financial card fraud. She was in the Durham County Jail Wednesday under a $20,000 bond.
In other crime:
- Keonah Al-nisa Lucas, 30, of Hampton Lee Court was arrested Sunday and charged with felony possession of cocaine; possession of a Schedule VI drug with intent to sell, manufacture or deliver; and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was released from the Durham County Jail the same day on a $2,500 bond.
- Brandon Maurice Hemphill, 21, of Inkster, Mich., was arrested June 7 by Durham police as a fugitive. Police said he was arrested on Rippling Stream Road by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force. He is wanted on charges from Inkster that include two counts of armed robbery, one count of kidnapping, one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder, according to Kammie Michael, spokeswoman for the Durham Police Department. He was in the Durham County Jail Wednesday under a $350,000 bond.
- Uniqua Sada Elliot, 19, of Durham was arrested Monday and charged with felony assault by strangulation, assault on a handicapped person and communicating threats, both misdemeanors. Elliot was released Monday from the Durham County Jail on a $2,500 secured bond.
- Thieves stole a circular saw and box of tools June 6 from a vehicle in the 900 block of West Trinity Avenue. Also taken were stereo equipment and a GPS unit.
- An iPhone worth $500 was stolen Monday from a vehicle in the 100 block of West Morgan Street.
- A backpack, iPod and purse worth $380 were stolen Friday from a vehicle in the 1000 block of West Main Street.
- Prescription medication, purses, $1,200 cash, and telephone equipment were stolen June 4 from a vehicle in the 200 block of Stokes Street. The items were valued at $1,376.
- An iPhone worth $800 was reported stolen June 7 from a building in the 200 block of West Morgan Street.
- A GPS worth $300 was reported stolen Friday from a car in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Saddle bags and eyeglasses worth $400 were reported stolen Friday from a car in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- An iPhone worth $300 was reported stolen Sunday from a vehicle in the 100 block of East Main Street.
Compiled by staff writers Jamica Ashley, Tyler Confoy, April Dudash and Keith Upchurch – firstname.lastname@example.org; 919-419-6612.