Legal headache for man accused of faking cocaine
DURHAM – Police allege that a Durham man tried to pass off headache powder as cocaine.
Jovan Denaro Robinson, 21, of Drew Street in Durham was arrested Sunday and charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver a counterfeit controlled substance. Specifically, he’s accused of trying to sell four individually wrapped bags that were supposed to contain cocaine but instead held BC Powder.
He also was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver marijuana. Police said he had 10 bags containing six grams of marijuana.
He was held in the Durham County Jail under $3,000 bond.
In other news:
- Jaywan Cotton, 16, of Belvin Avenue in Durham was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit breaking and entering of a building, larceny, breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possession of stolen goods. Cotton was accused of conspiring with two others to break into a Piper Street home. Police said he had more than $2,200 in stolen property, including a 50-inch television, a Samsung Note tablet and $700 cash. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $10,000 bond.
- Marvin Gerardo Murcia, 31, of Naples Place in Durham was arrested and charged with uttering a forged instrument and obtaining property under false pretense after allegedly forging a paycheck from VCC Construction for $580 and trying to cash it at Los Primos Supermarket on Main Street. Murcia was held in the Durham County Jail under $3,500 bond.
- Jermaine Durell Spence, 31, of South LaSalle Street in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a female after allegedly pushing a woman against a wall, grabbing her by the throat and punching her face. Spence was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
- Teddy Wilchere Worrell, 64, of Sevier Street in Durham was arrested and charged with assault and battery and communicating threats after allegedly grabbing a man by the shirt and coat, then grabbing him by the throat, causing scratches. Worrell was held in the Durham County Jail under $2,000 bond.
- Wallace Edward Burke, 33, of Wanda Ridge Drive in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a female, communicating threats, injury to real property, injury to personal property and attempted breaking and entering. He’s accused of breaking into a woman’s Red Pine Drive home, breaking glassware, decorative items and serving dishes, damaging walls, and then punching the woman’s face, urinating on her and stomping on her injured foot. Burke was held in the Durham County Jail under $2,500 bond.
- Krista Lea Beeker, 32, of South Briggs Avenue in Durham was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and identity theft. She’s accused of having two crack pipes and a container with residue in her possession. Police said she gave someone else’s name when she was being arrested on an outstanding Wake County warrant. She was held in the Durham County Jail under $3,500 bond for the possession charges. The Wake warrant – in which she’s accused of using her sister’s identity – added $1,500 bond to the total.