Police log, Jan. 6
Shooting leaves two seriously injured
DURHAM – Durham police are investigating a shooting Saturday that left a man and woman with serious injuries.
Officers responded to #9 Lucas Drive around 6 p.m. Saturday and found two gunshot victims sitting inside a vehicle at nearby #10 Halyard Court. According to a Durham Police Department press release, the shooting occurred while the victims were at Lucas Drive.
Both victims were taken to a local hospital with serious injuries. The names of the two victims have not been released and there was no update on their conditions.
As of Sunday afternoon, there was no additional information. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (919) 683-1200.
Kidnapping, strangling charged
Antonio Lamont Johnson, 28, of Beacon Street in Durham, was arrested and charged with assault on a female, assault by strangulation and second degree kidnapping after being accused of choking a woman and hitting her head against the floor, resulting in her throat swelling and coughing up blood.
Johnson is also accused of pinning the woman to the floor while strangling her.
Johnson was being held with a $30,000 secured bond.
In other crime:
- Robert D. Bright, 25, of Danube Lane in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a child under 12 and misdemeanor child abuse from an incident on Sept. 22, 2013 when Bright allegedly hit a 1-year old child in the face and on the head, violently yelled at the child and caused bruises and swelling on both sides of the child’s face. Bright was being held with a $4,000 secured bond.
- Stanley Vincent Conrad, 52, of Wyldewood Road in Durham was arrested and charged with three counts of failure to report new address as a sex offender when he allegedly failed to return the verification letter to the Durham Sheriff’s Office to report his new address. According to the arrest warrant, Conrad’s sex offender status is the result of a 1992 conviction. Conrad was being held with a $20,000 secured bond.
- Eli Ali Allebaugh, 33, of Club Boulevard in Durham, was arrested and charged with felony possession of cocaine. He was being held with a $3,000 bond.
- Antione Perez Bishop, 43, of Chapel Hill Road in Durham was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, communicating threats, four counts of assault on a female and second degree trespassing from incidents between last July 1 and Wednesday. Bishop is accused of assaulting a woman with a razor blade, punching her in the face, dragging her by her hair, burning her with a cigar, slapping her in the face and threatening to choke her to death then hide her body where no one would find it. Bishop was being held with no bond.
- Orlando McKinley Powell, 39, of Amarillo Rose Lane in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a female after allegedly slapping a woman in the face, shoving her and grabbing her by the neck and hair. Powell was being held with no bond.
- Antonio Demekus Hailey, 33, of Cleveland Street in Durham was arrested and charged with simple possession of a schedule VI controlled substance, felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance, resisting a public officer, felony hit and run injury, reckless driving to endanger and failing to yield at stop sign/flashing red light. According to the arrest warrant, Hailey did not stop at the red light at Gregson and West Chapel Hill streets, hit another vehicle then fled the scene. Hailey was being held with a $5,000 secured bond before he was released.