Electronics, jewelry stolen from home
DURHAM – Someone broke into a home in the 2900 block of Chapel Hill Road on Dec. 13 and stole more than $4,000 worth of jewelry and electronics, including a Vizio television, two laptop computers, a Nintendo DSI and a Sony camera. The burglar also took $17 cash.
In other news:
• Someone stole $545 worth of various Tide detergents from the Target store in the 8200 block of Renaissance Parkway on Dec. 10.
• On Dec. 8, just before 4 p.m., someone with a handgun robbed the Cricket store in the 2900 block of Chapel Hill Road. They took $448 cash and a $300 Samsung Galaxy cell phone.
• Shamel Carter Bostick, 20, of Dorthea Drive in Raleigh was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill or inflict serious injury, possession of a stolen firearm and carrying a concealed gun. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $300,000 bond.
• Yungkee Jamont Brown, 33, of Summit Street in Durham was arrested Thursday and charged with carrying a concealed gun, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm by a felon. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $100,000 bond.
• Clark Ashley Evans II, 29, of Brownsburg Place in Raleigh was arrested Wednesday and charged with identity theft, obtaining property under false pretense, assault on a female, larceny and second-degree trespass. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $360,000 bond.
• Vondeara Shawnta Faulkner, 25, of Mordecai Street in Durham was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree sexual offense. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $1 million bond.
• Darrell Vashawn Harris, 26, of Hillsborough Street in Oxford was arrested Wednesday and charged with trafficking opium or heroin and possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $1,004,000.
• David Earl Williams, 27, of Fuquay Varina was arrested Wednesday and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, second-degree kidnapping, assault by pointing a gun, possession of a firearm by a felon, assault on a child under 12, possession of stolen goods, communicating threats, speeding and driving while license revoked. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $660,000 bond.
Wes Platt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.