Christmas Day fire displaces 2 residents

Dec. 26, 2013 @ 03:10 PM

A Christmas Day home fire near Durham’s central business district burned out two occupants, fire officials said.
No one was hurt.
Firefighters were called at 8:52 a.m. to a fire at 910 Cleveland St. and saw smoke from the rear of the one-story house, Deputy Chief Chris Iannuzzi of the Durham Fire Department said.
The fire started in a dryer outlet and traveled to the crawl space and attic, Iannuzzi said.
He said firefighters brought the blaze under control in 15 minutes. There was moderate fire and smoke damage to the house.
The two adult occupants arranged for emergency housing and didn’t need Red Cross help.
Twenty-eight firefighters were at the scene an hour and 20 minutes.