Durham men face gun charges
DURHAM – Two Durham men were jailed on gun charges this weekend.
Gerred Jarmon, 32, of Umstead Street in Durham was arrested Sunday and charged with possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm by a felon for allegedly having a stolen .45 caliber handgun.
Rashad Neal, 19, of Dowd Street in Durham was arrested Saturday and charged with possessing, selling or buying a gun with an altered serial number and carrying a concealed weapon. He’s accused of having a .32 caliber revolver with the serial number filed down.
Both Jarmon and Neal were held in the Durham County Jail under $30,000 bond.
In other news:
- Lamart Eugene Jeffries, 54, of N.C. Hwy 55 in Durham was arrested Sunday and charged with larceny, second-degree trespassing and possession of stolen goods. Police say he entered the Kroger grocery store on North Pointe Drive after managers told him to leave and took a bottle of wine worth $6.98. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $1,000 bond.
- Sydney Brooke Strange, 19, of Pittsylvania County, Virginia was arrested Sunday and charged with larceny removal/destruction/deactivation of an anti-shoplifting device when police say she a device off clothing at Urban Outfitters valued at $385. She was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $2,500 bond.
- Tycorey Jamal Taborn, 22, of Wake County was arrested Saturday and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, discharging a firearm in the city and carrying a concealed gun. The convicted felon is accused of having a .25 caliber semi-automatic handgun. Taborn struck himself in the left knee when he fired the gun on Wabash Street. He was held in the Durham County Jail without bond.
- Kevin D. White, 51, of Holloway Street in Durham was arrested and charged with assault on a female, communicating threats and assault with a deadly weapon after an incident on Dec. 23. White allegedly wave a knife, chased and hit the victim in the eye, face, chest and head, and said, “I’m gonna kill you.” He was held in the Durham County Jail under $2,500 bond.
- Saquan Suggs, 17, of Cecil Street in Durham was arrested Saturday and charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and conspiracy to break and enter a building. Police allege that he broke into a home on Fitzgerald Avenue and took a tablet. According to the arrest warrant, Suggs is accused of conspiring with Anthony Giles, Keenan Bailey and Justin Sturn to break into the home. Suggs was held in the Durham County Jail under $5,000 bond.
- Ceteesa Stewart, 30, of South Alston Avenue in Durham was arrested and charged with felony larceny and possession of stolen goods after allegedly taking denim jeans, shirts, dress and a handbag from Abercrombie & Fitch between September 2013 and February 2014. The items are valued at $1,100. She was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $1,000 bond.