Fire displaces family of 5
Three teens and their parents were displaced after fire broke out Thursday in their northern Durham home, fire officials said. No one was hurt.
City firefighters were called at 1:47 p.m. to the single-family, wood-frame house at 5300 Partridge St. behind Carriage House Apartments off Roxboro Street, said Battalion Chief Charles Bolar of the Durham Fire Department.
Bolar said the fire apparently was caused by food cooking on a stove. He said the fire damaged cabinets above the stove.
The Red Cross was called to provide emergency housing to the family.
The teens were home when the fire broke out, but outside when firefighters arrived, Bolar said.
Firefighters were at the scene about an hour.