Firefighters rescue cat from burning townhouse
Firefighters rescued a cat Tuesday from a townhouse fire in southern Durham that displaced a couple and their pets.
No one was hurt.
Battalion Chief David Andrews of the Parkwood Volunteer Fire Department said firefighters answered the call to 63 Crystal Oaks Court at 11 a.m. and learned that one of the two cats was inside. A firefighter found the uninjured animal and brought it outside.
Andrews said damage was extensive. He said the cause was an electrical problem in a bathroom vent fan.
Firefighters from Parkwood, the Durham Fire Department and the Chapel Hill Fire Department were at the scene about two hours.
The husband and wife found temporary housing for themselves and their cats, Andrews said.