Two men arrested on Wilson murder warrants
DURHAM - Donnie Hayes Jr. of Tranquill Road in Durham and Percibal Lasean Pettiford-Bynum of Roxboro were arrested Monday on charges of first-degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and first-degree burglary.
Durham County sheriff’s deputies served the warrants, which came from Wilson and are tied to an investigation by the Wilson Police Department.
Officials in Wilson declined to say which case Hayes, 30, and Pettiford-Bynum, 26, were alleged to be involved in.
Both men were held without bond in the Durham County Jail on Monday.
In other news:
• On Nov. 17, someone reportedly broke into a home in the 1600 block of Duke University Road and stole a Sony television and a Dell desktop computer.
• On Nov. 18, police report that someone broke into a home in the 3500 block of Courtland Drive and stole a Toshiba laptop computer and an Insignia LCD television.
• On Nov. 18, police report that someone broke into a home in the 100 block of Winthrop Court and stole a variety of pharmaceuticals, ranging from Crestor to Carvedilol to Notrtyptilene.
• On Nov. 19, police report that someone broke into a home in the 1700 block of Kent Street and stole a topaz necklace and two brass candlesticks worth $1,000.
• On Nov. 20, someone reportedly broke into a home in the 1300 block of Morreene Road and stole a PlayStation 3 console, PS3 games, a Dell laptop, a Logitech keyboard and $10 in coins.
• On Nov. 21, police report that someone broke into a home in the 3400 block of Sandy Creek Drive and stole $2,748.99 worth of belongings, including a Samsung TV, Timex watch, Lenovo laptop, Dell laptop, an Apple TV and a Fuji camera.
• Noah Issiah Campbell, 19, of Wildrose Drive in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with possession with intent to sell a Schedule VI controlled substance. He was released from Durham County Jail after posting $2,500 bond.
• Jeffery Lamar Dawes, 21, of Driver Street in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with possession of a stolen firearm and eluding arrest with a motor vehicle. He was held without bond in the Durham County Jail.
• Jovon Lemont Johnson, 19, of Laurel Oaks Drive in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree trespassing, resisting an officer, common-law robbery and second-degree trespassing. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $6,000 bond.
• Lorenzo Dominic Swann, 36, of Landon Farms Lane in Durham was arrested Monday and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, possession of a firearm by a felon and discharging a firearm. He was held in the Durham County Jail under $500,000 bond.
• Brian Washington, 46, of Woodside Park Lane in Durham was arrested Monday on charges of employment security commission law fraud violation. He was released from the Durham County Jail after posting $1,500 bond.
Wes Platt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6684. Follow on Twitter at @HS_WesPlatt. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/wesplattheraldsun.