Man charged with robbery
DURHAM – A Durham man was arrested after an armed robbery and attempted armed robbery Saturday.
Christopher Edward King, 27, of Hanover Street was arrested and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
According to the arrest warrant, King allegedly used a 9 mm handgun to steal a 2002 Honda Accord and items from another victim.
King was held on a $600,000 secured bond.
Four seriously injured in car crash
DURHAM – Four teenagers were seriously injured after the driver lost control of the car and fell 15 feet after leaving Chapel Hill.
A little before midnight Saturday, a 1999 Acura headed east on Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard lost control in the curve of the exit ramp to University Drive and Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, crossed the southbound lanes, hit the median wall and overturned, according to Durham Police Department investigators.
The car then fell approximately 15 feet and came to a rest in the northbound lanes of the entrance to U.S. 15-501.
Chapel Hill police officers tried to stop the vehicle for a traffic violation, investigators said, but broke off pursuit as the car went into Durham’s jurisdiction.
The four occupants of the Honda - two 17-year-olds and two 19-year-olds - suffered serious injuries and were taken to the hospital for treatment.
The names of the teenagers have not been released.
In other crime:
- Terrika Melton, 23, of Cheek Road was arrested and charged with assault with serious bodily injury and misdemeanor child abuse after allegedly pouring and splashing bleach on five people and doing so while putting three children under 16 at risk of physical injury. According to the report, the adults suffered discolored hands and burned eyes and skin. Melton was held under a $150,000 secured bond.
- Larry Eugene Johnson Jr., 40, of Roxboro Street in Durham was arrested and charged with trafficking opium or heroin, possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver marijuana, trafficking cocaine, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for a controlled substance and possession of a stolen firearm. Johnson is accused of having more than four but less than 14 grams of opiates in his possession, 5.4 grams of Oxycodone, 37 grams of marijuana, trafficking more than 28 grams of cocaine in his possession, 14.4 grams of cocaine and 17.6 grams of crack cocaine along with maintaining a residence on Fargo Street for controlled substances and possession a stolen Bushmaster AR15. Johnson was held on a $500,000 secured bond.
- Matthew Fisher Harrington, 30, of Fargo Street in Durham was arrested and charged with maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for controlled substances for the same residence on Fargo Street as Johnson. He also was charged with possession of a stolen firearm for the same Bushmaster AR15 as Johnson. Harrington also was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance, specifically 76.4 grams of marijuana, and felony possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. Harrington was released after posting a $75,000 secured bond on Sunday.
- Timothy Alden Rush, 28, of West Cornwallis Road was arrested and charged with resisting a public officer and possession with intent to sell marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school. Rush was ordered to stop by a Durham police officer when he ran. According to the report, the officer was investigating drug activity near Youth Life Foundation Educational Center on Roxboro Street. Rush also was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver marijuana, felony possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Rush was held on a $40,000 secured bond.
- Calvin Lamont Belcher, 24, of Lumans Chapel Road was arrested and charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for controlled substances. Belcher allegedly had 12 doses of oxycodone hydrochloride and one dose of ecstasy in his possession and was using a 2012 Dodge Charger for keeping the controlled substances. He was released after posting a $5,000 secured bond.
- Charles Daniels, 22, of Beechwood Drive was arrested and charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver heroin and possession of marijuana. Daniels was released after posting a $6,000 bond.
- Jerryl Wayne Moore, 24, of Ashe Street was arrested and charged with felony possession of cocaine, possession of a firearm by a felon, carrying a concealed gun and possession of drug paraphernalia. Moore allegedly had a Glock 21 .45 caliber handgun in his possession. He previously has been convicted of felony possession of a stolen firearm in Wake County. Moore was held on a $100,000 secured bond.
- Dearngre Trayvon Kelley, 20, of Lee Street was arrested and charged with assault on a handicapped person and communicating threats after he allegedly punched and threatened to kill a disabled man on Sept. 13. Kelley was held on a $5,000 secured bond.
- Mandisa Richardson, 24, of Page Road was arrested and charged with larceny by employee after allegedly taking $4,600 in cash and a $100 gift card from Burlington Coat Factory. Richardson was released after posting a $1,000 secured bond.