Man accused of 2nd bank robbery
DURHAM – Police charged a man Tuesday with a second December bank robbery in Durham.
Anthony Clark, 49, of Driver Street, was arrested Monday afternoon and charged with the Dec. 17 robbery of the SunTrust Bank branch at 2714 Erwin Road. Clark was charged Tuesday with the Dec. 7 robbery of the Wells Fargo Bank at 2000 W. Main St.
In that robbery, police said a man entered the bank shortly before 9:30 a.m. and demanded money from a teller. He fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. No one was hurt and no weapons were seen.
Clark was in the Durham County Jail Tuesday under a $750,000 bond.
In other crime:
- Larika Le’Cheryl Johnson, 22, of Creedmoor was arrested Thursday by Durham police and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and second-degree kidnapping. Johnson was in the Durham County Jail Tuesday under a $250,000 bond.
- A vehicle was broken into Friday in the 100 block of William Penn Plaza. A chain saw and hedge trimmer worth $599.99 were stolen.
- An iPhone worth $250 was stolen Thursday from a house in the 2000 block of Buffalo Way.
- A bicycle worth $200 was stolen Friday from a house in the 400 block of South Driver Street.
- Property worth $846 was stolen Saturday from a vehicle in the 300 block of Dowd Street. The items include clothes, a telephone, knife set, CD player and gifts.
Contact Keith Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6612.