Man charged with assault, kidnapping
DURHAM – Donivan Davenport, 41, of Angier Avenue was arrested Friday and charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, second-degree kidnapping, communicating threats and interfering with 911 communicators. He was in the Durham County Jail Monday under a $500,000 bond.
In other crime:
- A rape was reported to police May 31. A police report said the attack happened at the alleged offender’s house in the 100 block of Willow Bridge Drive.
- Hector Aguilar-Farias, 20, of North Miami Boulevard was arrested Sunday and charged with assaults on a female, a child under 12 and a handicapped person. He was in the Durham County Jail Monday under a $7,000 bond.
- A Ruger pistol and holster worth $750 were stolen June 4 from a vehicle in the 5500 block of Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard.
- Twenty DVDs were stolen Wednesday from a house in the 900 block of Parkridge Road. Also taken were luggage and an LG television, with a total value of $1,090.
- Burglars hit a house June 4 in the 3500 block of Sheridan Drive and stole $300.
Contact Keith Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6612.