Police seek missing woman
RALEIGH - Raleigh police are asking for information about a missing Raleigh woman who was seen in Durham shortly before she went missing. The woman, Kimberly Bullock Thomas, 45, was last seen by family members Thursday morning when she left her residence in the 9500 block of Vira Drive in Raleigh. She was in Durham a short time later, Raleigh police said.
No foul play is known to be involved in her disappearance, but Raleigh police are assisting with efforts to find her to help ensure her well-being, according to Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue.
Thomas is about 5 feet 4 inches tall. She was driving a black 2010 Nissan Maxima with the North Carolina personalized plate TALIA1.
Anyone who believes they may have seen Thomas since Thursday is asked to contact the Raleigh police tip line at 919-834-HELP.
Man accused of trafficking opiate
DURHAM – Kenneth Pittman, 44, of Evergreen Street, was arrested Friday and charged with possession of a Schedule II drug with intent to sell or deliver, trafficking opiate and possession of drug paraphernalia. Pittman was in the Durham County Jail Monday under a $25,000 bond.
In other Durham police reports:
- Reginald Maurice Wall, 42, who is described in a police report as homeless, was arrested Friday and charged with possession of crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia. Wall was released Friday from the Durham County Jail on a $3,500 bond.
- Darion Revels, 19, of Holloway Street, was arrested Thursday and charged with assault inflicting serious injury.
- Robert Emerson Smith, 18, of Liberty Street, was arrested Thursday and charged with assault inflicting serious injury.
- Deon Marquez, 21, of Thames Avenue, was arrested March 19 and charged with breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering.
- Brittney Shantele Cobb, 22, of Holloway Street, was arrested Thursday and charged with assault inflicting serious injury.
- Daniel Bailey, 28, of Taylor Street, was arrested Wednesday and charged with possession of crack cocaine with intent to sell or deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A 2002 Pontiac Aztek worth $9,000 was stolen Wednesday from the 2800 block of Courtney Creek Boulevard.
- Burglars stole two televisions worth $730 from a house in the 5100 block of Torrey Pine Lane. The theft was reported March 19.
Accident leads to DWI charge
CHAPEL HILL – Police charged a 24-year-old Durham woman with driving while impaired after she was involved in a single-car accident on Estes Drive Sunday evening.
Police charged Catherine Christensen Layne of Chippenham Road. Layne was driving east on Estes Drive when she ran off the road to the left, striking trees between Seawell School Road and Airport Drive about 6:30 p.m., a police report said.
Layne told police she lost control of her car after she swerved to avoid another vehicle that was in her lane. Christensen registered .10 on a breath test.
Damage to her 2007 Honda Accord was estimated at estimated at $8,000.
Contact Keith Upchurch at email@example.com or 919-419-6612.