Man hit with coke charge
DURHAM – Duane Arthur Matthews, 26, of South Roxboro Street was arrested Wednesday and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver; and possession of drug paraphernalia. Matthews was released Thursday from the Durham County Jail on a $6,000 bond.
In other crime:
- Thomas Leon Parrish, 47, was arrested June 23 and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Anthony McKinley Spruill, 34, of East Pilot Street was arrested June 21 and charged with larceny, possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana. He was released Sunday from the Durham County Jail on a $1,000 bond.
- Randy Lamont Whoie, 29, of Wyeth Avenue was arrested Tuesday and charged with assault on a female, unauthorized use of a vehicle, communicating threats and injury to personal property. He was released the next day from the Durham County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Terrance Hargrove Jr., 20, of Hardee Street was arrested Thursday and charged with assault on a female and battery on an unborn child. Hargrove was released the same day from the Durham County Jail on a $2,000 bond.
- A $200 pair of Polo sunglasses was among property stolen Wednesday from a vehicle in the 100 block of West Chapel Hill Street. Also take were an HP computer, computer software and jewelry valued at $4,150.
Contact Keith Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-419-6612.