A Durham Police Department watch commander said Wednesday afternoon “there is no manhunt” underway after a published report that two girls had been targeted by a shooter on Glenbrook Drive and a manhunt was underway.
DPD spokeswoman Kammie Michael confirmed the watch commander’s report.
The watch commander said police responded to a call about a “disturbance with a weapon” at 1 p.m. Wednesday near Glenbrook Drive and that shots had been fired. The same official said police had not collected any evidence as to whom or what the shooter was attempting to hit and said no one was injured in the incident.
Upon arrival at the scene, police said they spotted a man sitting in a blue Hyundai car. When police approached the man, he fled in the car. Police said there is no evidence that the Hyundai driver was involved in any shooting.