A third of Duke daytime MBA grads go into consulting
Want to make the big bucks? First, get your Duke MBA. Then find a consulting gig after graduation.
The Duke Fuqua School of Business recently released its 2012-13 preliminary Duke MBA employment statistics. Here are some of the highlights:
- Deloitte, an audit, financial advisory, tax and consulting business, hired the most Duke MBA graduates, 26. In second and third place were Microsoft Corporation with 12 and Accenture LLP with 11.
- Out of 414 MBA graduates seeking full-time employment, 79% received an offer by May 12 of this year.
- 79% of the job offers were facilitated by Fuqua, to include interviews on and off campus, club activities, and alum referrals.
- The median base salary reported for graduates seeking employment was $110,000.
- The profession that offered the top median salary was consulting, reported at $135,000.
- Nearly one-third of the 2013 class (32%) in the Fuqua Daytime MBA program accepted offers in the consulting industry, according to Fuqua's Career Management Center.
- Six of the top 10 employers of graduates this year are consulting firms.
Have higher ed news you'd like to share? Email Herald-Sun reporter April Dudash at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter at @AD_HeraldSun.