Volunteer opportunities in our area
"You don't need to be the best there is to volunteer; you just need to offer your best."
-- Byron Pulsifer
Offer your best this summer to someone in need. Check out these opportunities on www.handsontriangle.org or contact Lynn Odom at 919-613-5105.
- Do you enjoy working with children? Help out during Youth Enrichment Nights on Mondays at Genesis Home.
- Tutors are needed at the Emily K Center this summer to work with middle and high school students.
- Do you play an instrument, sing or rap? Do you draw, paint or make things that are artistic? Help out with the "We Care We Share Community Enrichment Program" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Pitch in and help with the July 4 Children’s Parade at Durham’s Central Park. Volunteers are needed from 9 a.m.-noon.
- Do you enjoy visiting with others? Become a Friendly Visitor with the Volunteer Center and bring joy to someone else’s day! Visit with a disabled or senior referred by DSS.
- Would you like to help animals, but you can’t own one? Help Independent Animal Rescue with their storage site. Visit the site twice a month and organize the donations and supplies.
- Think about volunteering at UNC Hospitals. Volunteers are needed in the gift shop and as tea cart servers in the Cancer Hospital. Serve on a substitute basis, temporary or long-term.
- The Orange County Historical Museum needs front desk greeters to orient visitors and share knowledge of Orange County.