Downtown Durham pizza shop closed by fire
Fire in a kitchen ventilation duct gave a scare Saturday afternoon to workers and customers of Pizzeria Toro on downtown’s Chapel Hill Street.
Capt. Brian Eaton of the Durham Fire Department said that the fire, which caused little damage, was quickly extinguished. The restaurant and three apartments situated in the building above it were evacuated.
No one was hurt.
Despite the lack of extensive damage, it may be two to four days before the restaurant reopens because it must be reinspected, Eaton said.